This dish is as good as take-out and it will take less time than going out to pick up your order!
Quidee came up with this recipe when she was basically a kid and has honed it over the years. It is sweet, tangy and spicy. The fried bites of chicken are soft and tender. And if there are any left overs, you will be eating them out of the fridge even time you walk by.
You can serve this as a meal with rice, or a bottle of toothpicks as a killer appetizer! I tried this recipe with pork loin strips instead of chicken and it was the tastiest meal we had all week.
Easy Chili Chicken
This recipe makes about 4-5 portions and takes 30 to 45 minutes to prepare, including prep time.
|4||Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast|
|50g||Ginger (About 2 inches)|
|½ cup||All Purpose Flour|
|1 tsp.||Red Chili Powder|
|¼ cup||White Vinegar|
|¼ cup||Soy Sauce|
|+||Additional Oil for Deep Frying|
- Preheat the oil for deep-frying.
- Cube the chicken breast.
- In a mixing bowl combine the egg whites, flour, salt, and chili powder. Add in the chicken and toss to coat.
- Deep-fry the coated chicken until golden brown and cooked through. Set Aside.
- Chops the onion in thick strips, slice peppers in strips and slice the ginger into fine matchsticks.
- Whisk together the vinegar, ketchup, soy sauce and sriracha.
- In a wok, heat the oil, and then add the ginger and onion. Sautee 2 to 3 minutes on high heat .
- Add the peppers and sauté for one minute.
- Pour in the sauce and stir to combine.
- Add the chicken and stir to combine.
- Heat for 1 to 2 minutes, remove from heat and serve.