Kale is my go-to green. Its packed with nutrition and doesn’t go soggy when you mix it in a salad. The kids are lesser fans. On our last visit to Quidee’s home however, they happily ate these bites without a single scrunched up nose, and so did all the adults!
These bites taste great and you can serve them as an appetizer, a side, or mixed in a sauce. You could also keep some ready in the freezer to have on hand for a healthy snack or part of a quick meal.
We made these about golf ball sized but you can roll them a little smaller if you prefer.
This recipe makes about 12 to 15 balls.
|3||Medium Sized Potatoes|
|1 cup||Bread Crumbs|
|1 tsp.||Chili Powder|
|½ tsp.||Cumin Powder|
|½ tsp.||Coriander Powder|
- Boil and mash the potatoes.
- Remove center stem from the kale leaves and finely chop the leaves.
- Finely mince the garlic.
- Preheat the oven to 4250F
- Add all the ingredients to a mixing bowl and combine with your hands until evenly mixed.
- Clean your hands, and then with wet hands scoop one heaping tablespoon at a time and roll into balls about 1-½ inches in diameter.
- Place the balls evenly spaced on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until outside is golden and crispy.
- Store extra in the refrigerator or freezer.