This chicken is mint!
Watching Quidee prepare this recipe, I was struck by how much mint and coriander are actually packed into this dish. But it is also very easy to prepare and the flavour is incredible.
We dished this up with some Onion & Pea Pulao, and a side of Boondi Raita to make a very satisfying meal. The cook time is about 30 minutes, so by prepping the chicken the night before you will get the full effect of the marinade and a quick and delicious dinner.
This recipe makes roughly 4 portions, and takes about 30 minutes to cook not including the time taken to marinate the chicken.
|2 cups||Chopped Mint Leaves|
|2 cups||Chopped Cilantro / Coriander|
|2 tbsp.||Garlic Ginger Paste|
|1 cup||Plain Yogurt|
|1 ½ tbsp.||Coriander Powder|
|2 ½ tsp.||Salt|
|2 tbsp.||Vegetable Oil|
|½ tsp.||Cumin Powder|
- In a food processor combine the mint, coriander, yogurt, salt, chilies, the juice of 2 limes, oil, and garlic ginger paste.
- Cut the chicken into large chunks, approximately 6 to 8 per breast.
- Add the marinade and chicken to a large resealable bag. Shake to coat the chicken and marinate in the refrigerator for a minimum of 4 hours. For best results marinate over night.
- Heat a large skillet on medium and add the chicken and marinade to the skillet.
- Cover and simmer for 15 minutes, stirring every few minutes.
- Remove the lid, increase heat to high and simmer about 5 minutes to reduce the liquid.
- Add coriander powder and cumin powder.
- When the liquid is reduced by about half, add the juice of one lime and simmer 2 to 3 minutes more.