We all get tired of salad! Sometimes, we just need a bit of a change. These colourful little rolls, turn your salad into finger food and make a bright fresh appetizer, or a nice light lunch.
We have paired these rolls with an easy peanut dipping sauce, but you could just as easily use your favourite vinaigrette. You could also add some protein to your rolls by adding some chicken, pork, shrimp or tofu.
I strongly recommend you make a few extra. These will have you thinking, “Maybe I’ll have just one more”. Go ahead, these are completely guilt free and are literally little bundles of goodness.
Rainbow Salad Rolls With Peanut Dipping Sauce
These rolls can be made ahead of time and will keep overnight in the refrigerator.
|8 – 12||Vietnamese Rice Paper Wrappers (also labeled Banh Trang)|
|1||Red Bell Pepper|
|1/4||Small Purple Cabbage|
- Peel and chop carrots into thin strips, or alternatively purchase prechopped matchstick carrots.
- Chop peppers, cabbage and spring onions into thin strips.
- Arrange all the vegetables on a clean work surface.
- Add enough hot water to a large bowl to submerge one sheet of rice paper.
- Soak each wrapper individual as they are needed until they soften.
- Spread the softened wrapper on a clean work surface.
- About 2/3 of the way up the wrapper place a few pieces of each vegetable. Start with the softer vegetables to reduce the risk of tearing the wrapper.
- Fold in the sides of the wrapper over the vegetables until the edges overlap.
- Fold down the top of the wrapper
- Tightly roll wrapper from top to bottom.
- Place on a clean serving platter or plate lined with damp paper towel, or extra cabbage leaves, to help the rolls from sticking to the plate or drying out.
- Store any extra in a closed container in the refrigerator.
|½ Cup||Peanut Butter|
|1/3 cup||Hoisin Sauce|
|1 tbsp.||Soy Sauce|
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and serve.
- As the consistency of Peanut Butter can vary by brand, if you feel the sauce is too thick you may stir in some hot water one tablespoon at a time until it reaches your desired consistency.